Vegetarian Fashionista

Because vegetarians can be beautiful. And fashionistas can care.

Thursday, August 10, 2006

Guidelines 4 Shopping 4 Veggies

So, I want to save the animals, but I have no money. It's pretty easy when you have the know-how to create fabulous fashionable vegetarian outfits. Here are my tips:

  • You can still shop high-street. I do. Simply buy bags made of cloth and avoid leather. Simple!
  • So, shoes are SLIGHTLY trickier. I've been hunting for a few months for some meat-free shoes, that I could actually afford and were't hideous. Then I cam across alternativeoutfitters.com and shoebuy.com/no-sweat-shoes.htm, both of which are just as afforable as high street shops, and totally cute. Oh, yeah, and veggie.
  • PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, don't give vegetarian fashionistas a bad name by wearing T-Shirts with slogans about animal rights and tofu. I find those soooo annoying.
  • OK, it totally SUCKS that all major big fashion names make their bags out of leather. But I've noticed that most high street shops make their bags out of cloth, as it's cheaper. There: two incentives!

4 Comments:

At 3:57 PM, Blogger Gloria said...

Hey, great posts. At the time I started my blog, I was one of few veg or veggie bloggers.

Great minds think alike ;)

my favorites for non-leather shoes are Sugar canvas boots, asos.com, and asics.

 
At 7:01 PM, Blogger Hannah said...

You're awesome! Keep it up!

xxx,
another suburban living fashion lover

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Style Graduate said...

You know what? I like cloth bags better anyway. Not a big fan of the leather look for bags. :)

 
At 10:42 AM, Blogger thetiniestspark said...

another, slightly less appealing benefit to veggie shoes -- much more plesant-smelling feet! i've noticed this with my veggie shoes and it's a nice added benefit.
heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home